Board of Directors
President: Paul Rein
Treasurer: Holly Hayick
Secretary: Robert Kaltman
Duties of the Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of Biltmore Carriage Homes are selected and given authority to administer the affairs of the Homeowners' Association, as stated in the By-Laws. The Homeowners' Association, acting through the Board of Directors, shall:
- Promote the health, safety, welfare and recreation of residents
- Own, operate, maintain, and repair all Common Areas within the Property and all improvements thereon as provided by Article V of the Association By-Laws
- Fulfill the responsibilities and duties delegated to the Homeowners Association as outlined in the By-Laws.
In a nutshell, the Board of Directors administer the duties outlined in the By-Laws of the Homeowners Association.
The Board of Directors:
- Creates and administers an annual budget
- Secures bids and selecting contracts to maintain the common grounds as well as areas outlined by the By-Laws (snow removal of driveways and sidewalks)
- Ensures the Association is properly insured
- Ensures architectural consistency of the development and maintenance of home values by reviewing and approving requests for improvements from Homeowners
- Assists homeowners with any request outside the scope of duties (namely, pointing you in the proper direction if you need help and we cannot provide it.)
What the Board Doesn't Do
Here is what the Board of Directors does not have authority to do:
- Retract or Create new by-laws. This can only be done via a vote of all homeowners. For example, the Board of Directors cannot determine that landscaping of the common grounds is no longer needed.
- Take responsibility for issues between the homeowner and third parties, for example disputes between the homeowner and repair people.
- Repair to homeowner dwellings, including the sidewalk, driveways and landscaping.